Friday, October 24, 2008

Thursday October 2

Thursday....well fall is in the air. It's cool and crisp and today I manuevered through traffic at the crack of dawn so i could make sure my boss had what he needed for an early meeting. Then...from there the day fell apart. Suffice it to say that I had an innocent conversation with a co-worker where we caught up on the meetings and presentations from the past week and ...it turns out he sits next to a person who eavesdrops on conversations. And not only eavesdrops but eavesdrops and hears pieces of a conversation ...which gets immediately relayed up the chain to my boss who calls me in to his office. The gist of the "relayed info" was that I had loudly and openly complained about my boss and how i did all of the work and he took all of the credit and he was doing a bad job etc etc. Now i work for one of the coolest guys ever. He's smart, funny, dedicated and we have a great repoire and style. But he was pretty bent out of shape. Before the day was over he had checked with others and felt more comfortable about my side of the story. But...I spent the day feeling exposed, raw, completely freaked out and unable to work. Couldn't leave the office because that would make me look guilty and couldn't actually work. For a person who prides themselves on their personal relationships and the people I work with, this took me totally off guard. I went home and drowned myself in two large goblets of wine. Fortunately for me, D called and was sympathetic..he must have known I really needed an ear....what a crazy week! The only bright spot is that this day is the 16th birthday of my little mini me!! Emily Catherine is 16...can you believe it?!??! I remember just being back in Atlanta for maybe 2 days when they called me to say she was born. I was so bummed out. 16 years later she runs on her own time and is still the light of our lives! Love ya, Em Bug!

No comments: