Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday October 4

For every bad day there has to be a good day. So my internal clockwork and confidence is still all messed up and I have no "mommy" to run to....so instead I drove to Bloomington today slowly through the fall fields and pumpkin patches. I was a girl made for Autumn...I went to a high school and college with orange as their official colors, my favorite color of rose is that peachy orange coral rose, I LOVE pumpkins, etc. It was a great visual treat and a start to getting back on track. Chatted with Amy a bit on the way down which was fun. Of course a little family dysfunctional weekend always makes me understand why I don't live in my hometown...but hey it takes my mind off my troubles. Most importantly, this was Homecoming 2008 for Jess and Em. First we met up with Em (I took Dan my uber dysfunctional bi-polar newly divorced and ranging anger fueled brother with me) at her mom's new friends's house in the country. GORGEOUS fall afternoon...Emily looked beautiful and relaxed and her Mark is so funny and sweet. He got a new car (I stupidly did not get a pic of them at the car....) and she looked all grown up in this dress which was magically held on by these TEENY TINY straps...argh!!! Anyway from Em's lovely photo shoot in the country we went to Jess's high drama overstaged photo shoot in the city. Ughh,,,she was gorgeous but had makeup two shades dark on and was going with the former beauty pageant dropout Ashley....anyway we did all the pics and I left and got chinese at my favorite chinese dive and went to see my baby brother Jim at his work place, the cab company. Sitting in a smoke filled dispatch room eating chinese veggies and shrimp...I felt better than I had all weekend. I went home and put my pjs on and watched the cubs lose with my dad...what a week. And maybe, really, that is the purpose of it all...as I sat at the computer with my glass of wine loading homecoming photos and listening to the Cubs try to make it through the post season....I felt better about the week. Ups and downs...we need to channel through the adversity to learn who we are and how we react. So,,,with that I am taking my book and going to bed..

No comments: