Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday October 5

Sundays rank by far as my favorite day of the week. A good cup of coffee, the newspaper, no need to really go anywhere and interact with the outside world. This Sunday was a bit different. I did indeed drink the coffee and read the paper but at my dad and anne's house (Note to self...must remember to bring real creamer to their house!!) and then we got ready and went to brunch at Shannon's. I actually really enjoy hanging out with them, catching up ...though there must always be some catty comments which completely set me off. To calm myself I tried to go visit Shella who is still desperately depressed off the series of events in her life the past year. So then I took on a project I had been wanting to do..I went to downtown Bloomington and photographed my old downtown. So much has changed...the Illinois House where I hung out with my grandma Dolley and my aunt jo is now an office building. The coffee shop is a wine shop...but the building and the name are still there. The courthouse remains as a historical society. Kresge's is gone (a law firm) as is Roland's but I can stand on the corner and remember it all like it was yesterday. Again, a beautiful fall day so it filled my spirit. I went by my scrapbookng store on the way home....bought a few new thingies and caught up with my favorite scrapping store girl..then I packed up, and stopped in Lexington to drop off a few photos for the family. I arrived home to have Rita all happy and waiting to see me....I think Dorothy was right...there's no place like (MY) home...

No comments: