Saturday, February 14, 2009

We're Going to the Dogs



Last year my boyfriend came upstairs and my dog and I were curled up (spooned) on my kingsize bed, fast asleep. He woke me up and said...You do know that is a dog right? She is not human..." Believe it or not I still date that man.
My dog, though, is still as important to me as she ever was. She is happy to see me when I get home and sorry to see me leave. She loves to ride in the car with the sunroof open and the windows down. She only needs treats, belly rubs and her food. She always checks me out when I get home but she does not ask for money, or gifts or anything besides love. She is my true valentine.
One more valentine ode...to my Texas dog, Skipper, who has sat outside my door at Amy and Tony's for years, ran and grabbed a toy as soon as I walked in the door, sat by my side on the couch and the dinner table. He has chased away bad boys in my life and sniffed many others. Skipper turned 15 today. I love ya, Skipper.
Happy V'Day all!

No comments: