Sunday, July 6, 2008

Five on the Fifth

It's been many, many Sundays since I have had the luxury of getting up in my own bed, making coffee and reading the paper with Rita snoozing on the couch beside me..after her paper tearing, nails clicking on the hardwood check of the house walk. Today is delightful. Not that June and being with various sets of family and friends was not delightful. Quiet Sundays at home, though, are what keeps me energized and sane. Lots to do today...just nice to do it at home. First on to our monthly slice of life...five on the fifth. On the fifth I was at my dad and anne's home....

1 - Morning light -- I'm a sucker for early morning light and it's beauty on the side of houses or in the windowns. This morning I had the early morning light filtering through my window and then in the sunroom where Ann and I had our cereal. Awesome start to the morning.
2- Scrapbook happiness -- going home let's me stop in to my favorite scrapbooking stores including Michaels with a 50 percent off coupon. I scored a stamp I was looking for plus some beautiful new Basic Grey and vellum adhesive.
3- Burgers with the Boys -- cheeseburgers and fries with my brother and his son and my dad...and Ann and I as the token girls. Watching everyone laugh and watching bad tv....
4- which turned into an afternoon of Lawn Work -- my dad had surgery on his shoulder so we spent the rest of the afternoon doing lawn work for him, weed wacking, sweeping the deck and admiring Dad's new taped stitches.....
5- Sleeping with my doggie in my own bed - Nothing better than to spend the weekend with family and end up in your own bed with your own doggie snoring by your side.

Life does not get much better than this.

No comments: