Saturday, July 12, 2008

Charmed I'm Sure,....



I'm a bit of an overachiever. In fact I am essentially a five year old in a 47-year old body (!!!) running around thinking about all of the fabulous options that are open and available to all of us everyday.
So...in that whole..."Won't this be fun!!!" five year old spirit I signed up to do a charm swap for Creative Escape in September. Now, to get this in context, you have to realize that Creative Escape is like the nirvana of over achieving, scrapbook and craft loving five year olds. It's like 600 Martha Stewart five year olds. Or rather 599 Martha Stewarts and me..sort of like Paige from Trading Spaces who tries but does not quite make it...has the vision does not always have the execution.
ANYWAY..I signed up for this charm swap along with 75 of my other best friends and now we are on deadline to make 75 charms + 11 charms for the teachers + 2 for auction, add clasps, bag them, identify them and box them and send them to Phoenix for re-bagging and distribution.
I'm a bit intimidatd (really?!??!? Like I took Pele' around the country for six months and making a charm scares the crap out of me...this makes no sense..but it is me talking..)
So, I am in the final stages of my charm makng and bagging. The end result is...well not Martha Stewart but hey..in the scheme of things...pink and green (Which are the theme colors of Creative Escape and which make all scrappers a bit faint) and well...kind of cute. I'll let you make the final decision. You and 85+11+ 2 of my best friends.

1 comment:

thesearemydogs said...

So where are the pics of the charms???