Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring is here..I swear !!!




I lhave ived a considerable part of my adult life in warmer climates: Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma and Texas. Whatever part of me thought I would adjust well to the change in climate in Illinois fairly easily was not on all gears. Okay, it HAS been five years and I do well for the most part (because trust me it is god awful hot here many days....let's keep in mind someone died during the 95 plus heat index temperature of the Chicago Marathon last year plus the wonderful 105 plus days I tried to move in August...ARGHHH). What I really forgot was how long it is between the two very distinct seasons: winter and summer.

Two weeks ago I went to Charlotte where I drove to my show at 7 a.m. with the sunroof open!!! Birds chirping...green grass. My friend Chris reminded me to bring a jacket because it was going to get to 5oish at night!!! 50ish and she needs a jacket!!! And then I heard on the news that it has been since OCTOBER 2007 since a 70 degree day was registered here. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!

This past week showed real promise...two actual 70 degree days (one was 80 if you believe News five). And then, just like a four year old, we regressed. Today the high is supposed to reach 48. I have not stuck my toes outdoors to see except to let Rita do her business. And it looks better than yesterday when the wind howled around us for six hours.....!!!!

I know there will be a blistering hot day in July when I will regret this but oh my lord. I am having serious conversations with the lord above about what I can trade for some mild weather....and wondering if that job in Texas is still a possibility. Sigh.....never content, are we?!?

No comments: