Sunday, April 6, 2008

5 things on the 5th

I decided to take on a new project.....an observation and photo journal of five things on the fifth of every month. It helps me to document everyday life. I picked the fifth because it is my birthdate and it's easy! (Plus, in design, things in 3's and 5's look most aesthetically pleasing..okay that is probably too wierd.)
Here's my first try: (Note: photos to be added later,...had a stupid camera move this weekend.)
1 - First brewing of the new coffee - went grocery shopping on Friday and found (Cross your fingers) our new local coffee mix we like. We bought Meijers French Roast and Breakfast Blend and Eight o'clock French Vanilla. We ground it up, addd our trusty creme brulee creamer and Woila! It's awesome....and cheaper than Starbucks which I still love...)
2- Errand day -- a stop at two of our favorite stores: Hobby Lobby and Target. A few fun spring flowers, a needle for my craft show next week, some new scrapbook books and papers, and gum and breakfast bars for the road. All is good.
3- Baking cookies - being the cookie freak that I am, it's a great weekend when we make some cookies. I baked a batch of Sarah McLaughlin's oatmeal rasin and a small batch with oatmeal rasin and chocolate chunk. I added some granola to both for extra spunk. Yum-O as Rachel Ray would say.
4- Packing is nearly done for the Inspired creative show I am going to next week. Packaged the paper, the fabric, the embellishments, the tools in my tote and found some warm weather clothes as well. We seem to be ready.
5- Finished the day with a walk at sunset with Rita. This was our first 60 degree day this year and Rita and I had a nice little walk around the subdivision including a walk down by the pond. We drank in the fresh air AND got our excercise. We came home to biscuits for Rita and a glass of wine for mommy - excellent day!

No comments: