Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is This What It Is?

Okay, turning 49 was a bit wierd, I admit. But the really interesting thing has been the changes in my body over the last 4 months. It has seemed to happen overnight though that has probably not been the case. Just that I am not spinning and running in a crazy cycle so...now I know that I am not just flushed, I have hot flashes. And now it is not stress it is menopause that is waking me up every 2 hours during the night and making me not fall asleep. And now i know that my digestive issues are not stress and taking a laxative is part of being nearly 50. So, HOLY COW!

For the first time ever, I feel like I am a stranger in my own body. Couple that with packing and moving and cleaning and every now and then trying to look for a job and it is pretty crazy. Standing outside of my body watching myself. Who is this person?

Oddly, only when I interview do I feel like myself. I feel intelligent and reasonable and like I can add value.

Moving in with Donna next week and hoping for some more centered quiet time, more focused job and life searching, more excercise and cooking time and of course more creative and crafting time...

Life....who knew?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I am 41 and I don't have any issues yet related to aging but I did wake up one day and wondered when did my boobs drop:) Also, when did they start making everything in print so small? LOL

thesearemydogs said...

Thank you my friend for going through all this first so I'll know what signs to look for. Though I have had a few hot flashes already and they are NOT fun. While our bodies are changing we ARE still getting smarter every day. :)