Monday, March 17, 2008

Still Hot After All This Time (AKA known as Happy 45th Birthday LDL!!)


March has gone by in a whirlwind. Work is busy, busy...happy good busy with lots of interesting things to do and people to see....still busy busy.

In the midst of the business insanity I decided to use my new Non Rev status and fly to New York for my friend Lisa DeGreif Lauterbach's birthday. I mean she turned 45 and my godson Jake is 12 and I haven't seen any of them in forever. So on Saturday the 7th I got up at 4 a.m .and began.....a journey to hell......

I won't bother anyone with the long details except to say the first flight was cancelled and then I got on an a 9a.m. flight to LaGuardia and we were barely in the air before we were put in a holding pattern and then landed in Albany,NY for supposedly 30 minutes which turned into 3.5 hours. Eventually we landed and I found a nice cabdriver who gave me a $120 cab drive to Lisa's lovely little house in Glen Ridge, NJ.

The evening was great...awesome food (champagne, fondue, crackers, cheese, bread, champagne. oh and did I mention champagne.) I wore my kick-butt Sam and Libby sequined heels and we had a great time! We stayed up till 12:30 (including the time change) laughed and talked and hugged. The boys came home and entertained us and well it was a great time.

The return trip Sunday did not involve a diversion to Albany but did involve about 8 hours in Newark airport. I made it home at midnight on Sunday night....my baby Rita was happy to see me. All told...it was a wild weekend...but made great seeing two of my wildest, long term friends....The best quote of the weekend was when LCB called daughter Sarah Elizabeth in Florida to say hi. SEB asked her mom..."You sound like you are having too much fun...do I have to come and bail you all out of jail?" ....no baby, those were the days past. We 3 hot chicks discovered how much fun you can have in your own living room...no driving needed.

Three cheers for LDL, Veuv Cliquot and 45 years on this earth. Here's to you ladies!

No comments: