Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Moving On











Five years ago I drove a jeep with a bad transmission and a U Haul containing a cat in a box (literally), two dogs (who ate the top off of a cooler), a cactus from Houston, Texas to Bloomington. I was coming home with my tail between my legs, or so I felt. I lost my house, my job, the boy I loved, and I had to come back to my (COLD!) hometown to take a job.
Five years later...I left with a new SUV, one of the two dogs and a great job in Chicago. But this time I was actually....not so much sad but definitely not so excited to be leaving Bloomington. I enjoyed my time back in town, reconnecting with friends and family. I enjoyed my time at State Farm and the new friends I made. I'm leaving Shella and Dewey and Christie and Dad and Anne and Matt and Teri and Daphne and Nicholas, Dan, and his family, Cheryl and Elaine and Mary and so many others.
What I gained during my time was more self confidence, invaluable work experience, and a whole new set of people who will always be with me.
We're moving on.....but our hearts will never leave.

No comments: