Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Not All About the Weather ...it's also about the Scrapping!





I just realized most of my posts have been whining or photos about the weather. Admitedly that is a large topic in a city by the lake where it can be 68 and sunny at 5:00 p.m. and 44 and raining cats and dogs at 6:30 p.m.

It's definitely turning more springlike. It was sunny and sort of warm yesterday at 5:30 a.m. when Rita woke me up by jumping on my chest and licking my face. Rita is not a small dog, I might add. She weighs less than many other dogs but I can assure you 40 pounds on your chest in your face at 5:30 is something to wake up about ....maybe even stop breathing about. So out we went and it was not so bad.

Then I made coffee, dressed and ventured out because -- I know some of you are dying of laughter here -- it was national scrapbooking day. I wanted to go be creative before my coffee had even kicked in. Like Amy says, this force is bigger than the Taliban.

ANYWAY......by the time I drove the 15 minutes to sit in the parking lot of Archivers (arrived at 7:50 a.m. and was relieved and a tad embarassed by being the first one there..though several other crazy ladies had arrived by 8:30 and we even formed a small and cheerful line....which somehow I did NOT photograph...) ANYWAY...by then it was overcast, about 20 degrees cooler and the rain moved in while (thank goodness) I was in the store happily using die cuts, making cards and spending my hard earned money on even more stamps.....good grief!). So, because of the spring like weather I went and spent more of my hard earned money on gas (I got a bargain at $3.69, thank you very much!) and then went home and played in my studio all day. I made cards, read scrapping message boards and had a great time. No guilt whatsoever. So, I guess, the less than pleasant spring weather was worth something! Happy Spring, ya'll.

No comments: