Monday, August 13, 2007

Moving - Part I and I


yes. the moving saga continues. Because moving, in my life, never seems to be a one time, pack some suitcases and the dog and move on kind of thing. For one thing...I got too comfortable. I collected holiday decorations and crafts and scrapbook stuff and ....well stuff. And I threw a lot of it into my guest room and basement. And now i have to clean it out while I am moving.


So last Saturday I hired two strapping young junior high boys (and bribed niece number one and her boyfriend) to help me move. ALl of the furniture and a trucks load of boxes disappeared into a storage space. The MOST WONDERFUL BLOOMINGTON FRIEND EVER Cheryl AND her two kids locked themselves in the basement and packed for four hours. Cheryl -- in her role as move coordinator -- then coordinated the loading and unloading of the second 24 foot truck with boxes.


I drove the truck...just like a big mac daddy truck driver. (Christi says I have a career as a truck driver if I ever want to give up my day job.)


Now the first space is full and this week I am finishing up the loading of the second space. Saturday I get to move into a new, more compact space with a few things while I try to divine my future....


Oh yea...and maybe catch up on some scrapbooking!!!

1 comment:

thesearemydogs said...

I know you hate moving. Moving in general sucks! But the bright side is..College Football is JUST AROUND THE CORNER! Ok I know I was shouting but I am excited - and I know you are too!